According to the Wyoming Department of Transportation, in 2019, there were a total of 2,283 car accidents in Natrona County, which includes Casper. Out of these accidents, there were 677 injuries and 14 fatalities.
In terms of the contributing factors to these accidents, speeding was the most common factor, accounting for 331 accidents. Following that was driver inattention, which caused 214 accidents, and failure to yield the right of way, which caused 195 accidents.
The majority of these accidents occurred on urban roads, with 1,304 accidents taking place within the city limits of Casper. However, a significant number of accidents also occurred on rural roads (618) and state highways (289).
It’s worth noting that the number of accidents in Casper has been decreasing over the past few years. In 2017, there were 2,693 accidents, and in 2018, there were 2,485 accidents. While there was a slight increase in 2019 compared to 2018, the overall trend is downward.
In terms of the time of day when accidents were most likely to occur, the data shows that the most accidents happened between 3 pm and 6 pm, with 501 accidents occurring during this time period. Following that, the next most common time for accidents was between 6 pm and 9 pm, with 369 accidents.
Finally, it’s worth noting that the age group most likely to be involved in accidents in Casper was drivers between the ages of 25 and 34, who accounted for 469 accidents in 2019. However, drivers over the age of 65 were the second most likely age group to be involved in accidents, with 359 accidents.
Overall, while the number of car accidents in Casper has been decreasing in recent years, there are still a significant number of accidents that occur each year. Drivers should take caution when driving on both urban and rural roads, particularly during the afternoon and evening hours. Additionally, drivers should be aware of common contributing factors to accidents, such as speeding and driver inattention, and take steps to minimize these risks.
If you are involved in an automobile accident in Casper, Wyoming, there are many crucial procedures you should take to guarantee your safety and preserve your legal rights. Following are some suggestions:
1. After a vehicle collision, the first thing you should do is to look for injuries on yourself and your passengers. Call 911 or ask someone else to dial it on your behalf if someone is hurt.
2. Go to a safe area: If at all feasible, take your car to a safe area that is not near any traffic. This will stop any further mishaps or injuries.
3. Information exchange: Provide the other driver(s) in the collision your phone number and insurance information. Be sure to record each person’s name, contact information (including phone and address), driver’s license number, and insurance policy details.
4. Record the incident: Capture pictures of the accident site, including any injuries and car damage. Inquire about the contact details of any witnesses as well.
5. Make a police call: To report the collision, dial the Wyoming Highway Patrol or the Casper Police Department. They will send an officer to the site if there are injuries or serious property damage.
6. Inform your insurance provider: Report the accident as soon as you can to your insurance provider. Give them all the details you acquired while on the spot.
7. Even if you feel well following the accident, it’s crucial to get medical assistance as soon as you can. A doctor can record any injuries you might have incurred in the collision even though some may not be immediately noticeable.
8. Contact a lawyer: It’s a good idea to speak with a skilled automobile accident lawyer if you were hurt in the collision or if you are dealing with legal difficulties arising from the collision. They can support you in understanding your options legally and make sure your rights are upheld.
Following an automobile accident in Casper, Wyoming, taking the following actions can assist you safeguard your interests and legal rights. Recall to maintain your composure, share information with the other motorist, and seek medical help if required.
Table of Contents
1. What is the statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit in Wyoming?
2. What is the minimum car insurance coverage required in Wyoming?
3. What should I do if I’m in a car accident in Wyoming?
4. What if I’m partially at fault for the car accident in Wyoming?
5. Can I recover damages for pain and suffering after a car accident in Wyoming?
6. What is “no-fault” insurance, and does Wyoming have it?
7. Can I sue for punitive damages after a car accident in Wyoming?
8. What if the other driver was uninsured or underinsured?
9. What if the other driver flees the scene of the accident in Wyoming?
10. Do I need an attorney for a car accident lawsuit in Wyoming?
11. What if the car accident involves a government entity or employee in Wyoming?
12. Can I recover damages for lost wages after a car accident in Wyoming?
13. What if the car accident involves a commercial truck or bus in Wyoming?
14. What if I was injured in a car accident while on the job in Wyoming?
15. Can I still recover damages if I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt during the car accident in Wyoming?
1. Experience and knowledge of the law: Car accident lawyers have extensive knowledge of the law and the legal process. They know how to investigate the accident, negotiate with insurance companies, and navigate the court system. They can help you understand your rights and legal options.
2. Maximizing your compensation: A car accident lawyer can help you maximize your compensation for damages and injuries. They can help you calculate the full extent of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future expenses.
3. Negotiation with insurance companies: Insurance companies are focused on minimizing their payout to you. A car accident lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
4. Representing you in court: If the case goes to trial, a car accident lawyer can represent you in court. They will present your case to a judge and jury and advocate on your behalf.
5. Handling paperwork and legal procedures: There is a lot of paperwork and legal procedures involved in a car accident lawsuit. A car accident lawyer can handle all of this for you, ensuring that everything is filed properly and on time.
6. Peace of mind: Hiring a car accident lawyer can provide you with peace of mind during a difficult and stressful time. You can focus on your recovery while your lawyer handles the legal aspects of your case.
Overall, hiring a car accident lawyer in Casper, Wyoming can help you navigate the legal process, maximize your compensation, and provide you with peace of mind.
Table of Contents
Jersey City, NJ
East Orange, NJ
New Brunswick, NJ
Mount Laurel, NJ
West Orange, NJ
South Plainfield, NJ
Rochelle Park, NJ
East Orange, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
North Bergen, NJ
Palisades Park, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York, NJ