You’re probably like a lot of people who have had vehicle accidents and had no idea it might happen to them. You’re just driving through Little Rock on your way to work when suddenly someone plows into you, sending you to the hospital. The state of Arkansas uses the standard blame procedure in vehicle accident cases, so it’s crucial to collect as much evidence as you can at the scene to show that the other driver was at fault. It’s not easy to do so when you’re coping with serious wounds.
The aftermath of a vehicle crash in Arkansas may be quite stressful. To add insult to injury, you may have suffered mental distress as well as physical harm, and now you must contend with astronomical medical bills while you may be unable to work. You need the skilled representation of auto accident attorneys and personal injury lawyers at this time.
Confusion, discomfort, and other emotional and mental distractions might make it difficult for you to think clearly. You may safeguard your interests and well-being by taking specific steps. After an automobile accident, it is recommended to take the following steps.
These suggestions are more appropriate for less severe accidents or for situations when 911 has already been contacted.
Table of Contents
When it comes to traffic accidents, the law in Arkansas places the blame squarely on the driver, making it a “fault” state when it comes to car crashes. The party at fault in an accident, or that party’s insurance carrier, must pay for the damages caused to others. People who have been hurt in an accident now have three avenues open to them for financial restitution:
Victims of car accidents may have to make substantial lifestyle changes and financial sacrifices as a result of their accidents. If you’ve been hurt in a vehicle crash in Arkansas, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:
Understanding the claims process after a vehicle accident is crucial. Your attorney and the insurance company for the negligent driver will first launch separate investigations into the collision. The primary objective of both camps will be to compile a case showing that the other party was at fault for the collision.
When you have made a full recovery or when your condition shows no signs of improving, your personal injury attorney will determine the worth of your claim. Your attorney will then begin talking to the insurance company of the party at blame. At this point, the vast majority of disputes are settled. If the insurance company is not cooperative, however, your lawyer will get ready for trial.
The first step in getting financial help following a car crash is figuring out who was to blame. The problem, however, may be shared by more than one person. Some people who are injured in automobile accidents wrongly believe they are not entitled to financial compensation because they contributed in some way to the collision. Since Arkansas is a “modified comparative negligence” jurisdiction, those who are found to be less than 50% at blame can still be awarded damages.
The court can rule that you were 30% at fault and the other was 70%. You can still receive damages for your injuries, but they will be lowered by 30% due to your participation. However, your right to compensation for your injuries ends if you are determined to be more than 50% responsible for what happened.
Car accident claims are subject to different time limits in each state. The time limit in Arkansas is three years. This means that accident victims have three years from the date of the incident within which to launch a lawsuit against the party they believe is responsible for the incident. You may lose your chance to sue for damages in this case if you wait too long.
Especially if you’re dealing with a catastrophic injury and attempting to get back on your feet, three years might feel like a blink of an eye. So, don’t wait until it’s too late to seek legal redress; do it as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicular accident in Arkansas, you need a lawyer who can help you get the compensation you need to cover not only immediate but long-term expenses as well. Meeting with an experienced automobile accident attorney for a free consultation can help you understand the compensation available and the different avenues to recover that compensation. Don’t try to treat a serious wound on your own if you can help it. Those responsible for providing insurance are just looking out for themselves. As should you.
Table of Contents
Jersey City, NJ
East Orange, NJ
New Brunswick, NJ
Mount Laurel, NJ
West Orange, NJ
South Plainfield, NJ
Rochelle Park, NJ
East Orange, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
North Bergen, NJ
Palisades Park, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York, NJ